Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012

HoneyBee Single Place-Deluxe G2: End Of Week Update!

I have posted before about finding a flying buddy. Generally I mean getting involved with someone so that each can cheer the other one on in the process of getting their/your training going; often times most people have started and just need to finish the process. If you will do this you will make a friend for life.

We (at HoneyBee G2) are doing just that by "group building" the Single Place-Deluxe G2 shown here.  Fundamentally, it is our goal for  everyone who works here to fly a Gyroplane or at the very least be in the process of becoming a rated Gyroplane Pilot. Group building this G2 is proving to be  an excellent way to rally everyone around that goal. 

As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, this particular G2 is getting all the options we offer for the light Single Place frames.  Namely, Surrounds, Deluxe Pod, ICOM A210 COM Radio, a GARMIN GTX 327 Transponder and a GARMIN 196.  With this kind of equipment, our staff/students/pilots can log long cross-country flights and if desired could acquire a Private Pilot Gyroplane Rating later in the craft.  The primary differences are  Night Flight requirements, a few  longer cross-country flights and the requirements for Controlled Air Space experience.  

For those staff members that want to...it will be fun to contact Grand Rapids Approach and request approach clearance to 26R... With an airspeed of 55 - 60 MPH, no doubt they will have to "fit one into the schedule".  I remember the days when I was working on my Controlled Air Space requirements for my Private Pilot License.  Around West Michigan that means Class C Airspace in Grand Rapids.  In my case, the tower was great at "fitting me in" flying a Cessna 172....when Lear and Citation Jets are inbound to the same runway at 150 knots.  There were times when I had to hold my cruise air speed (105 knots) right down to the numbers, get stopped and get off the runway as soon as possible. Getting in and working inside the system is a great and wonderful experience. 

No doubt, getting into Grand Rapids with this G2 will be equally exciting and will require flying at "max-cruise speed" (or more) right to the numbers! What a great experience that will Bee!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: