Translate

Monday, May 7, 2012

Formal Safety Survey: Part 103/Lightweight Gyroplanes

Good morning! 

For those of you that know me, know that I am committed to the development of safe Gyroplanes, specifically the HoneyBee G2 Line of Gyroplanes. In this group that knows me, some I have met at airshows, some I have met in the back seat of a quick flight, some I have flown with while others have played roles with me on design projects.  Yet there are others that know me from my historical association with national and international groups. I tell you this because in all of my history of developing safe Gyroplanes for commercial and consumer markets there are a handful of people that I know well and look to as a model for character and professionalism.  One such person is Jim Stephenson, President of Aero Sports Connection. I have known Jim since 1998; he is a Champion of our sport and a quality guy who has the best interest of all light aircraft, specifically Part 103. 

With this introduction, I want to personally invite each of you to participate in this AERO SPORTS CONNECTION survey  Unlike most surveys, this particular one allows you to submit more than one survey.  I have a list of  ten situations that I will submit in this survey in which safety concerns existed. If there are enough submissions, it will make a huge difference for Part 103 Gyroplane operations. 

For the record, I have been told by some people that "I am wasting my time" supporting such efforts or that "I am opening a can of worms". When it comes to safety, it is not a waste of my time nor is it something that needs to be forgotten, no matter how difficult the topic may be.  

Will you do your part in making the sport safer? If so, please click on the link below and do what you can to "officially" participate in making a difference for the sake of safety issues in regard to Gyroplanes. 

Click This Link To Participate:  ASC Light-Weight Gyroplane Survey

I formally want to thank Jim Stephenson for his vision for better and safer aircraft; in this case the wonderful Part 103 Gyroplane! Thank you Jim for not hiding you head in the sand and doing something formally to make a difference!

Thanks for caring!




No comments: