Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 Bensen Daze!

Good Morning! 


Welcome home to all of you from the Florida Shows! We enjoyed absolutely beautiful weather, had hours and hours of wonderful flying with so many of you!  Consistent with this, thank you to all of you for your support and encouragement for the G2 Project.  It is so encouraging to have your support and kind words for the spirit of this project.

For those of you that were at the Bensen Days show, you know how busy the ride schedule was in Wauchula.  I flew approximately 45 demonstration flights during a two day period; I continued some additional flights into the later hours in Arcadia.  For those that were on the list but did not get to fly with me, please accept my apology. Maybe at the next show? 

With all of that said, I can report to you that I am thrilled (read ABSOLUTELY GEEKED here!) by the performance of the HoneyBee G2 2PT with the 2.4L. The engine performed flawlessly hour after hour after hour.  The Florida heat was a test for the engine...but there was another area that I am thrilled about and that is the crosswind capabilities of the aircraft. One thing you can always count on at Wauchula during Bensen Days is crosswind. Did I mention to you that there are always crosswinds at Bensen Days? Sometimes they are from the East and sometimes they are from the West, either way, Wauchula will almost always keep you honest with your crosswind skills.  This year like every other year, there were crosswinds; 10 - 20 MPH, East and West.  I have often mentioned that I mastered my crosswind skills at Bensen Days in 1999.  They came in handy again this year too.


The next outings coming up are forward FreeBee Fridays. They should be starting at the end of April! Please watch for a post that will give more details on this events. 


Take care,




No comments: