Translate

Friday, September 30, 2011

Two Place Update 8-30-11

Can you believe it is September 30th? Where did summer (read...flying season) go? This kind of weather makes the Full Enclosure more and more of a highly anticipated reality. 

This week Hastings has had cold and rainy weather. Did I mention it has been cold and rainy in Hastings? In the last seven  days, I have flown twice and had to fight rain on the return trips both times.  The weekend is supposed to be warmer and perfect for some fall flying!  Count me in!

For those of you who have been following the Two Place Tandem, this has been a quantum week.  The 2.4L is "tuned and puts out more thrust than mankind is capable of measuring". I will have a full report next week.  

The new Main Gear is on it too....and it is gorgeous.  It looks simple and it is....it installed just like the original gear and overall the entire platform is continuing to impress everyone that is exposed to it, including me.  When I am thrilled about it, there is really something to cheer about and I am absolutely GEEKED OUT about it! 

So far everyone that has a gyroplane background that knows we are using this engine in a gyroplane has said we could not have picked a better engine.  I absolutely believe we have the right engine in the G2 Tandem.  

Stay tuned!

Sweatin' the details,

Jim

PS: A special thanks to the Engine Works Worldwide (EW2) guys  (John W. & Jimmy O.) for all of their expertise, both in gyros and high performance engines! Could not have done it without you guys!

1 comment:

Don said...

I am all GEEKED OUT as well. I still can not wait till I get my hands on one of these. I look forward to all your post. Thank you for the great work you are doing.

Don